Careers at Kat the Label
Experienced Production Manager
This is a full-time position, with flexible working arrangements.
Salary based on experience.
A bit about us:
Kat the Label is a female founded and led lingerie label, growing rapidly in the ecommerce space across Australia and the US, with unlimited possibilities as we continue to scale and expand our team.
We are a fast-growing small business and are looking for someone who is passionate about their work who really wants to make an impact. We provide a supportive and empowering workplace in our beautiful Brighton studio, with no day the same while we navigate this exciting growth phase.
Kat the Label – Production Manager
Reporting to the Owner & Creative Director, as our Production Manager you will be an integral part of the team delivering Kat the Label’s unique collections! You’ll coordinate all aspects of our production process from sampling to delivery into our warehouses in Australia & the US.
At least four years’ experience working in Production at a Fashion Brand is preferred, lingerie technical skills are also desired. You’ll have experience working with offshore manufacturers and technical knowledge in pattern making, grading and garment construction. Bonus if you’re someone who can speak Mandarin to liaise with our suppliers!
You’ll be working alongside our designer and founder Kate to head up all aspects of production & supply chain management.
- Create specifications for seasonal designs and manage the sampling process and approvals for production including lab dips, fits and trims
- Manage critical timelines to ensure production is delivered on time
- Work with suppliers and leading the cost negotiation process ensuring margins and quality are achieved
- Seasonal product forecasting and inventory management, including quantities and size breaks based on previous styles and sales
- Creating factory Purchase Orders based on forecasting through inventory platform
- Monitoring inventory levels and placing re-orders
- Managing suppliers and factories to keep production and deliveries on time
- Managing quality control checks within factories to uphold our standard and improve issues seasonally
- Technical skills in lingerie and grading is essential
- Implementing and monitoring quality control processes across all manufacturers
- Work with our customer care team to follow up and improve production issues based on customer experience and feedback
- Virtually conduct seasonal factory visits (post Covid in person) to asses production and quality standards of factories is maintained
- Experience with importing goods from manufacturers into Australia
- Coordinating freight forwarder with factories
- Managing logistics and supply chain from CN to AU/US warehouses and working closely with our Operations coordinator to ensure smooth receiving of goods
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum 4 years experience in a production / technical garment role, lingerie preferred
- Extensive technical knowledge around patternmaking, grading and garment construction and fabrication knowledge
- Familiar with QC processes and facilitated QC checks prior to goods shipping
- Experience working with suppliers and manufacturers in China
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise and deliver within deadlines reflective of critical timelines
- Experience negotiating directly with factories
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience & ability to work with inventory platform like Cin7
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and within a small team
- Extensive knowledge of Excel & inventory systems
- You have leadership skills and have managed a team or persons before
- Extensive knowledge into the production process and offshore manufacture
- Technical experience in similar field
- Knowledge of quality assurance & Australian standards
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, able to meet tight deadlines
- Strong background working with high volume of SKUs
- Effective written and oral skills
If you’re passionate about fashion & the garment industry, and enjoy a fast paced and ever evolving workplace we’d love to hear from you! Leave your details in the below form or email CV & cover letter to email@example.com